With Apple products, you can feel like you have stepped into future. The company is coming up with latest technology and creative ideas to make Apple devices better. If you have a Mac system, then you might feel that calling on phones and handsets is outdated because Apple allows the users to answer calls on Mac. A particular feature will help you to do that. Call Relay is a part of Apple features that enables the user to answer the phone calls on Mac.
Apple made calling very convenient with this unique ability to pick up the phone on Mac. The Call Relay uses everything similar to iPhone that the recipient cannot even differentiate. Before setting up the whole system, ensure that your devices are at least running on iOS 8.1 and MacOS X Yosemite software. If you have later versions of software in your devices, then still you can perform the setup and receive calls on Mac. You will need to log into your Apple ID, and the whole process requires the internet connection.
Here’s how to Receive Calls on Mac
Enable Call Relay on Mac
- Press Command + Space keys and type FaceTime.
- Now, open FaceTime and proceed to Preferences.
- In the Preferences box, click the Settings tab.
- There you will find the Calls from iPhone option.
- Click the check box next to the option.
Remember that you don’t require opening FaceTime in your iPhone or Mac system. So if you close the FaceTime in the device, it will keep running to work.
How to pick up Calls on Mac
Answering the call in Mac is very simple. While receiving a call, the Contact name will appear on the screen with options to either Accept or Decline.
- Click the Accept button when the contact name appears on the screen.
- If you are busy and cannot pick the phone, click the Decline button.
- You must notice a drop-down arrow just right next to Decline button.
- Click the drop-down arrow. Three options will appear mentioning the time to remind about the call.
- Select the time to remind in 5 minutes, 15 minutes or 1 Hour.
How to Make a Call from Mac
- Open FaceTime on your Mac.
- Now, type the name or contact number.
- Click the phone icon of the desired contact person.
- A Call using iPhone will appear, so click on the phone number.
Transfer a call from Mac to iPhone
Amazingly, you can continue your call on your iPhone from Mac by transferring the mid-call to the device.
- Pick up your iPhone and go to the home screen.
- You will see Touch to return to call at the top of the display.
- Tap on the audio icon and proceed to select iPhone.
- There you go. Continue your mid-call from Mac to iPhone.
Isn’t it more comfortable to continue the important phone call without disconnecting while switching between the Apple devices? Now that you have thoroughly understood the method to answer calls on Mac; you will not miss anything important simultaneously working on it.
Stephen Strange is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cybersecurity, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.